Knowledge on Bone Banking among Participants in an Orthopaedic Conference: A Preliminary Survey
- Tomford WW. Bone Allografts: Past, present and future. Cell and Tissue Bank. 2000; 1: 105-9.
- Goldberg VM. Natural History of Autografts and Allografts. In: Older MWJ, editor. Bone Implant Grafting. UK: Springer-Verlag; 1992: 9-12.
- Lavernia CJ, Malinin TI, Temple, HT, Moreyra, CE. Bone and Tissue Allograft use by Orthopaedic Surgeons. J Arthroplasty. 2004; 19(4): 430-5.
- Suzina SAH. Chapter 7: Bone and Tissue Transplanatation. Kuala Lumpur: Ministry of Health Malaysia; 2013. 10th Report of the National Transplant Registry.
- Yusof N. Challenges for Tissue Banking in the Asia-Pacific Region and Recent Progress in Malaysia. In: Phillips Go, editor. Legal Basis of Global Tissue Banking: A Proactive Clinical Perspective. World Scientific: Singapore; 2016: 121-47.
- Mohd S, Sharifah Mazni S, Ramalingam S, Ng WM, Yusof N, Kamarul Zaman T, et al. Assessing bone banking activities at University of Malaya Medical Centre. Cell Tissue Bank. 2015; 16(4): 523-30.
- Abbas G, Bali SL, Abbas N, Dalton DJ. Demand and supply of bone allograft and the role of orthopaedic surgeons. Acta Orthop. Belg. 2007; 73: 507-11.
- Schreurs BW, Arts JJ, Verdonschot N, Buma P, Sloof TJ, Gardeniers JW. Femoral component revision with use of impaction bone grafting and a cemented polished stem. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005; 87(11): 2499-507.
- Simonds RJ, Holmberg SD, Hurwitz RL, Coleman TR, Bottenfield S, Conley LJ. Transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 from a seronegative organ and tissue donor. N Engl J Med. 1992; 326(11): 26-32.
- Hamer AJ, Strachan JR, Black MM, Ibbotson CJ. Biomechanical Properties of cortical allograft bone using a new method of bone strength measurement. A comparison of fresh, fresh-frozen and irradiated bone. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1996; 78(3): 3638.
- Pedraza JM. The importance of the selection of the audiences and the organization of media events within public awareness strategies for tissue banks. Cell Tissue Bank. 2008; 9: 317-22.
- Villar CR, Paredes D, Alberola M, Ruiz A, Roque R, Saavedra S, et al. Perception of Transplant Coordinator Regarding Relatives’ Attitude Toward Tissue Donation Request. Transplantation Proceedings. 2012; 44: 2525-8.
- Yusof N, Hassan A. Survey of Public Knowledge in Tissue Banking in Malaysia. J Mal Nucl Sc. 1998; 16(2): 139-47.
- Ali NF, Qureshi A, Jilani BN, Zehra N. Knowledge and ethical perception regarding organ donation among medical students. BMC Med Ethics. 2013; 14: 38.
- Micheal AI, Ademola SA, Olawoye OA, Iyun AO, Oluwatosin OM. Awareness and attitude of doctors and nurses at a teaching hospital to skin donation and banking. Burns. 2014; 40: 1609-14.
- Bassit NH, Habiblah M, Fadili W, Laouad I. University Hospital Doctors: What are their beliefs about Organ Donation? Transplantation Proceedings. 2013; 45: 3466-8.
- Olender E, Palczynska A, Rykowski M, Tyszkiewicz IU, Kaminski A. Knowledge and opinions about tissue donation and transplantation among Polish Students and Physicians. Cell Tissue Bank. 2010; 11: 173-81.
Abstract | Reference